Bad sex sucks. Between elbows to the eye, lack of communication and the guy that always falls asleep before you orgasm too, it's safe to say we've all been there.
Sex isn't always going to be good, but that doesn't mean it has to all be really bad. If your night takes a turn for the worse, keep these three tips in mind to make a change, quick:
- Focus on what is actually happening: No, this doesn't mean to focus on everything happening inside your head. Focus on the pleasure, the experience, the two of you together, whatever you need to actually be in the moment. Thinking of other things during sex, such as chores or errands isn't fair to you or him.
- Tell him what you need: Sometimes too much attention, just like not getting enough, can be a bad thing. If he's being overly attentive or doesn't seem to care either way, let him know you're not feeling it.
- The position sucks: Don't be afraid to change up the position, for both your pleasure. There are so many out there, and so many to discover, that the position should never really be an issue.
When sex does go really bad, there are a few silver linings to keep in mind.
- Improves the immune system. According to one study, people who have more sex have higher levels of immunoglobulin A (IgA), which fights off invading bacteria and other bad things for your health.
- Most couples report sleeping better and longer when they have regular sex.
- Sex is a heart-healthy activity which releases stress hormones. These can cause serious damage if left pent up for too long.