Are you just not into sex as much lately? A low sex drive can be caused by numerous factors including sleep deprivation, stress and body image issues. What we eat daily can also have an effect on how sexy we feel. Grab one of the following five foods the next time a hunger pang strikes.
- Avocados: According to Health Magazine, avocados are loaded with vitamin E, which has antioxidants like vitamin B6 and potassium properties. These promote blood flow and an increase of blood flow could result in an increase of sexual desire.
- Black raspberries: These berries are rich in phytochemicals which can affect antioxidant power and increase hormonal balances that impact body processes like menopause. They have been proven to help reduce menopausal-related symptoms including a lower sex drive.
- Eggs: Protein found in eggs can boost energy and focus. An increase in stamina could mean a longer bedroom romp for you and your lover.
- Ginseng: A University of Hawaii study found that women who implemented a ginseng supplement into their daily food intake increased their libido by 68 percent. Find teas with added ginseng that don't have too much sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice: Cranberry juice can help prevent UTIs. If that isn't enough of a reason to drink more, it is also a proven natural diuretic, meaning less bloating. Feel slim and sexy the next time your man is unbuttoning his jeans, and yours.
With a future boosted sex drive thanks to these libido stimulants, you're going to need a birth control capable of an extended duration. Try Today Sponge, a barrier method birth control with no hormones effective for up to 24 hours of protection.